This document explains the personal data Visiometa collects and processes, how this is done, and for what purposes. Visiometa offers a range of products and services, including various websites, software applications, maintenance, technical support and consulting. The present privacy statement applies in principle to all our operations. However, the processed data may vary based on the nature of our respective business relationship. For more information, please refer to the contract-specific data collection terms and, if applicable, the signed non-disclosure agreement.
What data we collect
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features you use. In the absence of a prior contractual relationship, we only collect and process the data that you make available to us for the purpose of contacting you. The provision of certain personal data is generally required for entering into a contract with us. This includes your
- personal form of address,
- academic degree or title,
- full name,
- email address,
- phone and fax number,
- job function,
- company name,
- business address.
When you use our software applications and web services, we collect additional data for identification and authentication purposes along with license management. This data includes
- your IP address and port number,
- your submitted software license key,
- your selected login name and password,
- a digital fingerprint of the hardware used,
- the time period of your access.
We explicitly do not collect any data about your specific use of our software products. No technical information or application data is transmitted to us unless you manually perform this transmission yourself, e.g. for the purpose of troubleshooting. The treatment of data that you provide to us within the context of a consulting engagement is not covered by this privacy statement and subject to an individual agreement with you.
How we collect your data
Visiometa collects data from you either through direct interaction with us, or through the use of our products and services. Our software applications automatically transmit the necessary data to the license servers via an encrypted connection. We also obtain data about you from third parties such as sales partners and advertisers. We may additionally collect information that you yourself have made publicly available, for example, through your website or promotional materials. In particular, we collect and process your data when you:
- register with our online services,
- enter information in our contact forms,
- leave us a business card or other contact information,
- send mail, fax or email to one of our official addresses,
- call us by telephone or video conferencing software,
- visit our websites or use our web-based products,
- enter into a business relationship with us.
How we use your data
Visiometa uses the information we collect to deliver our products and services, which includes updating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and providing support. We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research. In particular, we use data to
- manage your account and your software licenses,
- call you back in case of support requests,
- send you promotional material,
- present you with relevant offers.
Visiometa will also share your information with our distributors or affiliates so that they may offer their products and services to you. With your express consent, we may transfer your data in this context to third countries that are insecure in terms of data protection. We would like to point out that no level of data protection comparable to that in the EU can be guaranteed in these countries. For example, US companies are obliged to hand over personal data to security authorities without you as the data subject being able to take legal action against this. It can therefore not be ruled out that US authorities (e.g. intelligence agencies) process, evaluate and permanently store your data located on US servers for monitoring purposes. We have no influence on these processing operations.
How we store your data
Visiometa stores your data securely in our cloud-hosted customer relationship management system. Unless a more specific retention period is specified in an individual agreement, your personal data will remain with us until the purpose of the data processing no longer applies. If you assert a legitimate request for deletion or revoke your consent to data processing, your personal data will be deleted unless there are other legally compelling reasons for its storage (e.g. retention periods under tax or commercial law). In the latter case, the data will be deleted as soon as these reasons no longer exist.
How we host our websites
We host our websites and online services through a reputable European hosting service provider. Currently, this is
When you visit one of our websites, Host Europe may collect various data as part of automated server log files, such as
- the IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of your visit,
- name and URL of the accessed files,
- the website from which the access was made,
- name and version of your browser,
- the operating system of your computer,
- the name of your internet service provider.
For more information about what data Host Europe collects and processes, please consult their own data protection policy.
If you have agreed to receive promotional materials from us, we will send you information about our products and services, as well as those of our sales partners. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and prevent Visiometa from contacting you for marketing purposes or sharing your information with affiliates. For this purpose, please send us a message using one of the contact options provided at the end of this statement.
Your data protection rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union (EU), to which we are legally bound, provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to access. You have the right to request Visiometa for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request that Visiometa correct any information you believe is inaccurate and to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request that Visiometa erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that Visiometa restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to Visiometa’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that Visiometa transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please send us a message using one of the contact options provided at the end of this statement. We are required by law to respond to you within one month of receipt.
- keep you logged in to our services,
- remember your previously selected preferences,
- prevent cross site request forgery (CSRF) attacks.
Our online content may contain links to third party websites for which Visiometa is not responsible. Our privacy statement does not apply to such websites. Therefore, if you follow any link to another website, you should likewise inquire about the publisher's data collection practices, as they may differ from those of ours.
Changes to our privacy statement
Visiometa reviews its privacy statement regularly to comply with legal obligations and publishes any updates on its websites. This document was last updated on June 20, 2022.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the data we hold about you, or if you wish to exercise any of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Visiometa has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the appropriate government authority.